- This event has passed.
LEGO® COMPETITION with Jubilee 150 of first recorded Scandinavian Language Service in Queensland
June 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
WIN A $200 VOUCHER TO SPEND AT LEGO® STORE CHERMSIDE, SHOP 380A, WESTFIELD CHERMSIDE, GYMPIE RD, CHERMSIDE
All entries displayed in the church hall for Jubilee 150
- This ‘sculptured’ building is on the heritage register of Brisbane City Council. It is the only ‘Lutheran’ building in the precinct of this capital city. Architect: Barry Walduck (1932-2013). Influences: Charles-Édouard Jeanneret (1887-1965), known as Le Corbusier; and Karl Langer (1903-1969).
- For judging, the replica will be a 3D representation of whole of the external shape of the church building using LEGO® (or similar bricks) exclusively. The pictures above do not show all sides of the building.
- Entry must be able to be displayed on a table top (max. 1m x 1m).
- Entry must be delivered to the church hall either 23 June 2022 between 10am & 5pm OR between 8am & 9.30 am on 26 June 2022. Contact 0411276235 to arrange another time if necessary.
- Michael Stock, Secretary, Queensland Lego User Group, will confirm eligibility & judge the entries, announcing the winner following the service approx.. 11.30am. The decision is final.
- If you are not present at the judging, leave your address so that the voucher can be sent to you.
- For collection: after the judging (until 3pm) on Sunday 26 June 2022 from the church hall. All entries not collected will be treated as a donation to the congregation & dismantled for use in the Sunday School.
You are welcome to attend the service and morning tea as well – let us know for catering purposes:
When: 10am Sunday 26 June 2022
Where: St. Andrews Lutheran Church, Brisbane, 25 Wickham Terrace (Cnr Wharf & Ann Streets), Brisbane
RSVP: 9 June 2022 Secretary, St Andrews Lutheran Congregation
T 3831 0106 or 0411276235
E firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com